Must have been the Mother Of All Porn.
Sue the volcano
Wikipedia: The ships fire missiles that are unaffected by gravity (due to a lack of processing time).
I wonder how it would play if newer versions fixed this?
One of the earliest video games was also one of the most realistic in terms of gravity and movement: Spacewar.
War & Buh Fett
It does bring up an interesting question: how does a doctor verify somebody got struck and is not cheating?
Or relabeled it the Dali Edition.
... would have said, "You're sitting on it wrong."
"If you shove it up your anus, it's better protected."
Explains why he was so grumpy to employees.
Where did this word "bendy" come from? It sounds like a Gumby pal. Isn't it "bendable" or "flexible" or "pliable"?
Somebody is trying to make English bendy.
It's called Fox News Anchor Women
It may be one or few jerks doing this. It's difficult to tell with the info given. Every org has jerks.
So Pluto is alive? Settled!
Perhaps we spend a lot per probe relatively speaking, but NASA has had a great track record since giving up the "cheapo" approach of the 90's. The NASA/JPL Mars rovers and orbiters have done wonderful science.
In fact, the USA is the only country to land a working probe(s) on Mars. Both UK and USSR have attempted. (The Soviets came close, but it's debatable whether a certain attempt actually sent usable measurements back.)
Even if you deem it expensive, at least we got our money's worth, unlike some expensive Military boondoggles.
TFA pointed out that India is a lot more forgiving of failure and fast iteration than the US is today.
NASA tried the "faster, better, cheaper" (FBC) approach in the 90's with roughly a 50% success rate. UK also tried a "cheap" Mars lander, the Beagle, that was a bust.
If India can demonstrate they can KEEP going cheap and be successful, then we can conclude they are on to something. NASA's FBC also looked good at the start.
It's too early to tell for India. And even if they could get up to a 70% success rate, the 30% failure rate could be seen as a national embarrassment by some standards. Although, maybe a 3rd-world country may be more tolerable of such, being seen as underdog newbies.
It's also hard to plan science and control staffing if 30% of your probes are duds; and by sheer probability, 2 or 3 could fail in a row even at a 70% average, leaving a decade of gaps.
There are about a dozen politician jokes to be mined from this story.