I installed 10.04 on my new Dell 6410. Here are my observations:
1) I had to go through major contortions to get the installer to work. Whoda thunk that the installer default video wouldn't work with an NVIDIA GPU.
2) Can't turn on the Alps Glide point tap function. It is driving me crazy.
3) Can't turn off the auto dim feature, even when using AC power. My presentation to 25 embedded developers did not do 10.04 service when the screen kept dimming in the middle of the presentation. Someone from the audience asked if I installed Ubuntu 10.04 and then snickered.
4) keyboard focus keeps randomly breaking. I have to switch to another window, start typing, and then switch back to the original window to get focus. Another embarrassment for the Ubuntu community.
5) tomorrow I switch back to fedora 12. Laugh if you must, at least it works.