Follow Slashdot stories on Twitter

 



Forgot your password?
typodupeerror

Submission + - Today is Ockham's birthday (wikipedia.org)

garyebickford writes: "Today is Ockham's birthday. Time to read about what he actually said.

Although he is commonly known for Occam's razor, the methodological principle that bears his name, William of Ockham also produced significant works on logic, physics, and theology.

He is also considered the father of epistemology. One notable aspect of his life is that he apparently did not fit into the normal schooling process, leaving before achieving his master's degree (equivalent to high school diploma) and got in trouble with the Church due to his original thought, but was widely admired for his creative and far-reaching ideas. Sounds like me! :) (and a lot of /.ers)"

Slashdot Top Deals

The first 90% of a project takes 90% of the time, the last 10% takes the other 90% of the time.

Working...