FYI if anyone is curious, it's about an hour and a half drive from Bellingham, WA to redmond (assuming decent traffic and driving slow enough to not get pulled over). About the same to get into vancouver BC.. but that's crossing the border so..
I've worked with more than a few developers over 50. I don't really see age discrimination as much of a thing. Maybe your salary will plateau but, people seem to still be willing to hire older devs. Maybe not facebook or google, but that's their problem.
therefore LINUX is obsolete.
so really Tanenbaum was right all along.
- In most all states, you can carry a 'deadly weapon', sometimes openly, sometimes concealed. Get over it. The crime rate of CCW holders is the same as the police.
- No matter what school you send your kids too, there will be some dumbshit taught to them. learn to be a decent parent.
- they are anti abortion, not family planning. get over yourself.
I interviewed there, and there and had a dude with under a year of experience out of college interview me. and of course, give a horrible interview. I'm pretty sure that's the reason I didn't get the offer (of course who knows, maybe other reasons). they have this idea that an engineer is an engineer, which I think is good. to an extent, but in the end it's a bullshit philosophy.
We're a hell of a lot of closer now, than we were. There are people playing for literally millions now. A far cry from the days of fatal1ty.
A guy who posted on
it has been this way for over a decade.
reddit is over there ===>
we have not had anything close to a free market solution on health care in my lifetime.
As a single male living around seattle. Seattle obviously.
- San Fran/cali drivers are are assholes
- In seattle, you can live in downtown and walk everywhere, or still have a decent commute in the suburbs. outside of downtown, Seattle has plenty of parking. In Downtown Seattle, it's sitll better than San Fran.
- Housing prices. Seattle's not cheap, but it's that high compared to other larger metropolitan areas.
- San Fran gets better points on weather.
Basically, Seattle > San Fran.
I don't think Tolwyn said that. That was the captured pilot.
There is quite a difference between something being counter intuitive and being bullshit.
And maybe one day you'll learn having a good bullshit detector will get you through so much of life.
Bitcoin can not be stopped.
Is this where I'm supposed to laugh?
Will bitcoin last? I have zero clue. But the amount of absolutes I see used by people describing bitcoin and how it works, makes my bullshit detector go off.