Want to read Slashdot from your mobile device? Point it at m.slashdot.org and keep reading!

 



Forgot your password?
typodupeerror
Government

Submission + - Libertarian Candidate Excluded From Debate For Refusing Corporate Donations (fishmanforcongress.com) 3

fishdan writes: "I'm a long time /. member with excellent karma. I am also the Libertarian candidate for U.S. Congress in Massachusetts 6th District. I am on the ballot. I polled 7% in the only poll that included me, which was taken 6 weeks ago, before I had done any advertizing, been in any debates or been on television. In the most recent debate, the general consensus was that I moved a very partisan crowd in my favor. In the 2 days since that debate, donations and page views are up significantly.

Yesterday I received a stunning email from the local ABC affiliate telling me that they were going to exclude me from their televised debate because I did not have $50k in campaign contributions, even though during my entire campaign I have pointedly and publicly refused corporate donations. They cited several other trumped up reasons, including polling at 10%, but there has not been a poll that included me since the one 6 weeks ago — and I meet their other requirements."

Slashdot Top Deals

The first 90% of a project takes 90% of the time, the last 10% takes the other 90% of the time.

Working...