Slashdot videos: Now with more Slashdot!
Yes, an app being delivered via an app store run by said corporation. This is no different than your local 7-11 deciding not to sell your porn mag of choice. As a consumer you could choose Quickie Mart instead and you could use HTML for porn or another smartphone platform all together that offers the apps you want. Now if you're an app developer missing out on a new revenue stream that's just tough luck.
Time and Place.
- Can disable cellular data in addition to 3G and full "airplace mode"
- Better control over location services. Allow on an app by app basis and status icon indicating an app is using location info
- Longer passcode support w/o needing the enterprise tools
- lots of other little things. Did I mention the 3-d looking _shiny_ dock at the bottom of the screen?
That said there are still plenty of improvements on the iPhone 3G to make it worth the FREE upgrade. You don't get multi-tasking but you get:
- Folders (as an app hoarder I need this badly)
- Unified mailbox and threaded view
- Digital zoom on camera
- iBooks w/ PDF support
- Create Playlists on the phone
- Faces and Places in Photos
- Spell Checking in many apps
- Wireless keyboards support