Mr Capone did not take the IRS seriously.
Is it my bad english? He said it's just below an effective appeal: more and the appeal would go through. This is not the same:
1. offering to settle for something I am not entitled to by making it a tiny bit cheaper than to go to the court, even though it might be the other guy is innocent 2. giving the guy as much penalties I as a judge am entitled to until the full extend of the legal system, because of what they did. Not the same league, not the same game.
Am I wrong with this interpretation?
I need mod points and a time machine to undo the comment i made. someone else rate this AC up
Look at his career. He is good at what he does. And when you are, you could afford jokes - nobody at prenda law is laughing now or not taking him seriously. I am from Germany. But i'll rather be at the north pole than pissing off the IRS and being inside of the USA.
He did a hell of a job. Looked into every f...ing detail. And sent them the IRS to go look up their asses. And made shure those pranks will not sue anyone anymore on every court they are now entitled to represent themselves as a lawyer. He did not only made star trek jokes. He made those and stamped them into the ground, while other judges failed to do so. Read the article and google Google News for his name.
And admire a true lawnerd. As a nerd/geek. The other judged did not look into pradas scheme. He did. And now these fuckers are up to a world of pain. The IRS is not friendly towards avoiding taxes, even Mr. Capone has learned this, IIRC...
It is epic. And I'll grab some popcorn and make some google alert. For the judge and for this firm and those guys.
Green! The odds of three purples already left me no other chance in the lottery draw.
Yes, from Germany the usual B5-Universe-Question. I know Warner hates b5 and has repeatedly (the lost tales) stated that they are not willing to pay for a decent series or film or whatever.
Is it really and totally out of the question to fundraise a new series in the b5 universe? TLT made some money as we hoped for a new mini-series. Or at least fundraise the upcoming series BEFORE it gets cancelled or it's storyline completely messed up by professionals (that hate SciFi anyways as they never were nerds)?
This is actually one question, despite it having more than one questionmark.
Ah yes. You would delete and recreate all your accounts.
Just because someone tries to break into your accounts by knowing your email address. Even though the email account is not (!) compromised but changed anyway.
Regarding your post: the email account was not compromised, so the emails to destroy your life can not be sent. And the address would be changed even in my point of view because of the ongoing attempts to get in. So the horrorscenario you describe won't become a reality. By ignoring adequate steps to react, you give every tease way too much power by just triggering a few password resets online.
To follow your advice would mean that all I need to do to actually harm someone is to know his email address and try a few password resets using Tor at different companies. And voila: Every account deleted, emailaddress changed, lost hundreds of dollars or much more. We are not only talking about apple but every electronic good bought online by that person. Steam - another 1000 EUR because all the games he bought are gone. And 20 - 40 games is not much.
You would not strengthen your passwords, change the associated email and tighten security, you would delete your digital personality by "destroying the traces that lead them to" your stuff...
You keep your emailaddress secret, correct? Because that information alone is dangerous by that logic.
We can stop here. You do not argue technically, but emotionally. If it makes you feel better to destroy every account you have instead of taking reasonable counter-measures, it is logical for you to do so. But I do not believe that this is a good advice, because it costs a lot of money without a reasonable security gain.
Thank you for using autotranslation, but I am afraid that every German reading this text knows that this is not manually written German from a foreigner but an automatic tranlation. So I am afraid that my claim that my English beats the hell out of your German, is still not falsified
Haha. I looked it up first and dict said "German" is correct. But school was a lomg time ago. Could you get back on topic? Your advice to create new accounts everywere would only cost money and gain no security. Period.
Try an argument for a change. This is slashdot, we are not here to manually spellcheck each others post.
Your point to start from scratch every time somebody *tries* to steal your identity and losing hundreds or thousands of dollars while doing so is what exactly? What is the fucking security gain? Especially if we are talking about the apple ID? Why create a new account? What does he gain security-wise?
I bet my English beats the hell out of your German. Thank you very much. And yes, either safer or more secure would habe been better.
I do not think that this is very likely:
1. In europe, we tend to have IDs. No way in hell you could even start a financial account without valid ID. Identity theft happens, but it is a very rare event. And I mean rare, at least in my country.
2. My advise was not included. It was to change emailaddress to a more safe provider. Gmail > hotmail, in case he already uses gmail, look for a more secure provider, last resort be your own provider. Change emailaddress and password on every account. Strong passwords, use paper and pencil or a password safe.
How do you think your way is better except for losing money? Every f.cking account has the feature to remind you about your lost username in case you forgot and to reset password. They are sent to your email (you know, the one the guy changed if he followed my advise?) Your advise simply stinks. Nothing happened yet and you suggest losing money for no security gain at all.
What moron moderated this bullshit "insightful"?
1. Including navigational software in my case it would rather be 300 EUR. How about steam? How about othe electronic goods?
2. You do not have to create new accounts, only the password and the emailaddress associated with it - your initial post was already misleading
3. If you do 2. and not the bullshit you were suggesting, nobody has to rebuy anything
Again: What moron moderated this insightful?
Yes, what the two above me wrote:
1. go to the police. I guess even in the USA this might be a good idea. As post above this said, you might need the papertrail for evidence
2. create new emailaddress by another provider. Last time I checked hotmail was swarmed with compromised accounts, while gmail actually protected some customers. I do not know about outlook.com. Use IMAP and ssl so that you quckly receive all emails and do not have to delete mails (use provider with large inbox). Set new provider to get all the emails via ssl and pop from the old one (change password first to a strong one).
3. Change literally every password to a strong one and change the associated emailaddress of this account from any account you could think of. Use paper and pencil or trusted password safes (some even create good passwords in case you can not think of so many, use only machines or mobile devices you can trust).
Yes, fireable offence. But easily done, if not repeated. The analysis of our consumer organisation: http://translate.google.de/translate?twu=1?sl=de&tl=en&u=http%3A//www.test.de/Burger-McDonalds-ist-der-Burger-King-1234826-2234826/
Google for your local one. That said it is also stated that the quality of the chicken burgers is not as good, because there are too many suppliers, some of them with a bad reputation.
Parent was modded funny for a simply true statement. Spreading FUD does not help when you try to figure out the real problems. There is so much gossip going on with some really stupid conspiracys. For instance, for decades it has been an urban legend that beef for german McD-Burgers came from South America, destroying the environment there. Funny idea, but as the burger does not sell for 5 EUR, simple bullshit, far too expensive.
Lie. Ask your local consumer organisation for an analysys they have actually done and stop spreading FUD bullshit. Ask someone who works there to het you an ungrilled patty - this can be done with nearly no risk to get caught.
Why is it that hard to believe that this has been marked "funny"? Go on with the urban legends what ends up in a mcdonalds patty as long as you want. Take one and let it analyse for fuck sake. It is actually 100 per cent beef. It is frozen beef meat mixed with raw meat beef in a secret percentage.
Stop listening to all the rubbish you read. Take one fucking burger and let it analyse. This won't cost a fortune. Just do it, take someone with you when buying the burger and let it analyse. Or search for actual, trusted analyses. McDonald's has lots of issues. It is not very healthy, the payment is not too good, too much waste, poor working conditions depending on country and store,... Did I mention the waste? Afterb10 minutes a burger is doomed to be thrown away. Maybe they expand the time against the regulations, but after 20 minutes kept warm it really tastes bad. Same goes for french fries. After 7 minutes they should be thrown away, sold after 15 minutes you get slimy fries.
The quality of the patty, the bun or the french fries is not one of them.
Ok - not true for india or burgers with pork or chicken. But for the quarter pounder, the bigmac and the hamburgers and cheseburgers except for india it is true. Maybe somebody comes up with a country were somebody did not made the pattys according to rules. Take your uk, french, german, us and canadian mcd burger and let it analyse. Or ask your local consumer organisation for actual analyses they have done. Parent is fucking right. 100 per cent beef meat.
Try not to judge because you think you know something. Try to actually know it.