What any new language must provide:
- No syntactic significance of identation. White space should only be important in that it separates tokens.
- Multiline if statement with elseif. And 'elseif' must be so spelt.
- Single loop exit statement for all loop types
- Drop-line and block commenting (block comments must be nestable)
- Consistency in library function naming, eg there shouldn't be Net.Tweet.NewMessage and Net.Slashdot.New_Comment
- Mutable strings - none of this String/StringThatActuallyDoesWhatYouWant crip-crap.