There's a third possibility: doctors and contractors are just acting independently in their own interest. Most of them harm and overcharge you while firmly believing that they are helping you.
That's fine, that's what's called a hypothesis. It's an internally-consistent account of what's going on, but we don't accept hypothesis as fact, you actually have to go out and prove that climate scientists are misrepresenting the truth, either by omission or commission.
- - Systematically. En masse.
- - For at least the last thirty years, though fifty years would be more likely. Thousands of scientists have literally gone to their deathbed without spilling the beans.
- - Across every country of the first and second world.
- - Graduating from universities throughout the developed world, receiving grants from innumerable governmental and private benefactors.
- - Publishing in dozens of journals, in as many again languages, distributed throughout the educated world.
- - And for all this, only making a college professor's salary in compensation, while they could make twice their going rate with the paychecks any number of "Clean Coal" think tanks would pay them.
I humbly submit that if such a level of false consciousness was possible, it would call into question the reliability of objective knowledge and the very cause of human civilization. I mean even if we took extreme cases like the Nazis or Stalin, they kept secrets, some big, but none SO big and for SO long, even when they were in power, and they had utter supremacy over the intellectual life of their respective countries.