Children being run over by people backing their cars out of their driveway is pretty common.
1. We are in a service economy today. While the Chinese are actually working making things, we count on plumbers, starbucks baristas, help desk weenies, airline baggage handlers, military personnel, construction workers, and so on. How many would work for free because they want too? Seriously? Most humans would sit on their butts and watch TV all day. Those who would want to work to get out of the house won't work as long as if they had a boss and deadlines and bills to pay. Which brings me to point number 2
All these jobs can be automated, some with today's technology if labour wasn't so cheap.
2. How do we divide scarce resources when no money is involved? Yes with services we have scarce resources again replicators or not. In a free market if there are no large hoard of people desperate for any job and a skill or sucky work is required the price will go up. Someone needs to go out in 110 degree temperates in Phoenix to make that apartment ready for the rest of us to live in. If they worked based on the goodness of their hearts WE WOULD HAVE A HOUSING SHORTAGE. Basically if people did what they wanted and make paintings all day and tried to do IT work then no one would do the crappy work that no one wants. In a free market people work for money and the money will work itself out and have people work for what is best for society
People could do some of the remaining needed and wanted work in exchange for money for housing and other items of limited supply.
3. It takes a lot of work to become a doctor, lawyer, cisco architect, and so on. Seriously it takes years of tests, certifications, work experience, and blood, sweat and tears.
Some of these jobs are already being taken over by AI.
4. People with free food would become rabbits and reproduce and take over the whole world lowering the amount of opportunities for everyone else.
Of course, in wealthy economies the birth rate drops below replacement levels.
5. What would society be like if we did this? People would have less services, homes, electronics, etc. Reality it would be like the Soviet Union. Even if you remove fascist elements you would have 10 year waits for cars, starvation (or maybe not with replicators), no where to go, high unemployment and so on.
You seem to be missing the whole concept of what post-scarcity means.
Ask any eastern European on here or Russian what they think about this? They will be flabbergasted and say you have no idea what you are preaching? I remember life in the Soviet Union
Despite their claims, those counties where the opposite of socialist.
So it is sad but a cold hearted reality that our childhoods are over. We need to all work our butts off and be punished for not being the best or persuing the most economically sound path which society is willing to pay more for.
Maybe we should go back to hunter gatherers so we don't have to work so hard.
Unless someone can come up with some better ideas? My idea if I were king based on the free market would be to give condoms to poor countries and with less oversupply of workers consuming resources live will be better for everyone
Star Trek is the better idea.
CPU 2.5 GHz quad-core Krait 400
3 GB RAM
32 GB SD
I have gentoo prefix installed, which lets me install gentoo software under the stock Android distribution. I also haave XServer XSDL, an Android app that is an X Server, but I haven't used this very much so far.
I use it for web browsing, watching videos and development of Android and Free Pascal software. I have a Bluetooth keyboard to help with that.
I also have a MiniMac connected to the big screen TV at home that is my web server and hosts MythTV. It's also used for web browsing and flash games, mostly by my daughter.
I believe they removed the Ad Block app because it removed ad from other apps.
Including ad block in Firefox would only effect Firefox, so it would probably be okay.
Run for office yourself.
If he already have tens of millions of dollar for his past work, it's a lot easier to turn down $14 million.
I use the browser on my Android Wear watch regularly to show transit arrival predictions from my website, TransSee. I added a setting to push the header information to be bottom to get it to be easier to read.
It's remarkable that she is just any random failed CEO, like George W Bush was, but she is the most notorious was well know failed CEO in the entire IT industry.
So the watch won't work on carbon based life-forms either...?
Obama is really only moderately progressive.
If there had been a Republican president it would have been 100-110% of a smaller recovery.
When the iPhone first came out it didn't have apps. People where expected to use the browser for 3rd party apps.
May any reasonable measure the most prosperous countries are the Scandinavian ones and they are also the most socialist countries (The so-call Communists countries where basically the opposite of socialist).
Who knows how much better an even more socialist country would be.
Their philosophy is logical and should work in theory, which makes it appealing.
Unfortunately it isn't supported by evidence.
It's like the Luminiferous aether theory.
They'll have to enter current the code to disable to feature or change the passcode, just like you do now.
Why would we want our oil produces biodegrading into carbon dioxide when they can be easily sequestered in the ground?
They are spending a great deal of money trying to sequester the carbon dioxide from our other oil produces in the ground.