The Bible. Except for atheists and agnostics, most people should insert their favorite holy book here.
In the USA, at least, everyone should list The Bible, even if they've never read it or don't believe a word of it. After all, it's largely because of The Bible that...
- Gay people can't marry.
- Women are second-class citizens who can't be trusted or expected to manage their own lives.
- Gays, non-whites, and non-Christians are second-class citizens and are treated with mistrust or contempt, sometimes to the point of assault or murder, and do not deserve to have their views reflected in government or society.
- Slavery was all good and well into the 1860's and race discrimination was still going strong 100 years later.
- Infant boys have parts of their genitals cut off.
- We are in perpetual war with much of the Middle East (the Qur'an shares much of the blame here).
Whether you believe The Bible or not, whether you've read The Bible or not, whether you even care about The Bible or not, it has restricted your liberty if you live amongst those who live by it.