Hmm let me think of all the Nexus devices which had an SD card slot (attmpted to do from memory in chronological order).
- Nexus One (HTC, 2010) - yep
- Nexus S (Samsung, 2011) - no
- Galaxy Nexus (Samsung, 2011) - no
- Nexus 7 (Asus, 2012) - no
- Nexus 4 (LG, 2012) - no
- Nexus 10 (Samsung, 2012) - no
- Nexus 7 (Asus, 2013) - no
- Nexus 5 (LG, 2013) - no
Eight devices, only the first had an SD slot, and only the first 3 actually had a removable battery. It's always been my opinion that Google wants folks using their cloud storage. Many apps don't like storing data on the SD card, but for me I'd like to have it for media, not apps.