Slashdot is powered by your submissions, so send in your scoop

 



Forgot your password?
typodupeerror
For the out-of-band Slashdot experience (mostly headlines), follow us on Twitter, or Facebook. ×

Comment: DVD? (Score 5, Interesting) 519 519

Why is dvd playback such a selling point? Does anyone NOT have a dvd player that will buy a wii? A dvd player is 30 dollars!

As of the end of 2006, over 80% of households have dvd players http://blogs.zdnet.com/ITFacts/?p=12220 . Do you think the other 20 percent are choosing between a console or dvd player? 3.5 percent of households are below the poverty line http://www.soundvision.com/Info/poor/statistics.as p . So now we're around 85 percent; factor in old people and I'm sure we're just left with luddites and the margin of error.

What are they going on about?

Getting the job done is no excuse for not following the rules. Corollary: Following the rules will not get the job done.

Working...