Become a fan of Slashdot on Facebook

 



Forgot your password?
typodupeerror

Submission Summary: 0 pending, 8 declined, 0 accepted (8 total, 0.00% accepted)

Slashdot videos: Now with more Slashdot!

  • View

  • Discuss

  • Share

We've improved Slashdot's video section; now you can view our video interviews, product close-ups and site visits with all the usual Slashdot options to comment, share, etc. No more walled garden! It's a work in progress -- we hope you'll check it out (Learn more about the recent updates).

×
Communications

+ - Australia government to build broadband network

Submitted by
bug1
bug1 writes "The Australian Federal Government has announced it has scrapped a controversial tender process to build the new national broadband network. It will instead form a public/private partnership to build the new wholesale Fibre-To-The-Premises network.

The network will connect 90 percent of all Australian premises (towns with more than about 1000 people) with speeds up to 100 Mbit/s, next generation wireless and satellite technologies will connect the remaining 10% of premises. It will be Austrlias first national wholesale-only, open access broadband network"

Serving coffee on aircraft causes turbulence.

Working...