Follow Slashdot stories on Twitter

 



Forgot your password?
typodupeerror

Comment Legal, huh? (Score 1) 543

Well, so in Germany it is legal to sell OO for any amount of money I feel like charging for it.

So what if this company wrote up EULA saying by downloading OO from them I am agreeing to buy it for 10 million dollars. Would you still recommend to pay?

But is it ANY different than asking for 100 dollars?

What would German law say if company was asking for 1 billion dollar per sale? After all, that number is just as arbitrary as any other number they are charging.

Government

Submission + - Social Security may not be broke. (blogspot.com)

boomka writes: I am sure you have all heard the story before: Social Security is so unprepared to deal with its future liabilities that it is completely broke for all practical purposes. Well, one person decided to sit down and actually do the numbers on his own, and documented the calculations in his blog. His conclusion? Social Security is not broke. The blog makes for a fun read for the number crunchers among us.

Slashdot Top Deals

The first 90% of a project takes 90% of the time, the last 10% takes the other 90% of the time.

Working...