Not a fan of the Chineese govt., but well done China!
Slashdot videos: Now with more Slashdot!
We've improved Slashdot's video section; now you can view our video interviews, product close-ups and site visits with all the usual Slashdot options to comment, share, etc. No more walled garden! It's a work in progress -- we hope you'll check it out (Learn more about the recent updates).
And hopefully perl 6 will be out by the same date?
Why do you think scientists attend symposia?
symposium [sim-poh-zee-uh m]
noun, plural symposiums, symposia [sim-poh-zee-uh]
1. a meeting or conference for the discussion of some subject, especially a meeting at which several speakers talk on or discuss a topic before an audience.
2. a collection of opinions expressed or articles contributed by several persons on a given subject or topic.
3. an account of a discussion meeting or of the conversation at it.
4. (in ancient Greece and Rome) a convivial meeting, usually following a dinner, for drinking and intellectual conversation.
5. (initial capital letter, italics) a philosophical dialogue (4th century b.c.) by Plato, dealing with ideal love and the vision of absolute beauty.
Yes, and you just wasted $9 of your own power bitching on
Not to mention $8986 of everyone's time and internet traffic. You can get it for FREE.. read FREE!
You can also pay, but you can get it for FREE - get it FREE?
When we are eating more chocolate than there is produced, is it because someone invested in futures, is it because its not really chocolate, or is it just really old chocolate?
Indeed, AI is a positively abused term. I wonder if they will manage to construct an AI that
can determine if some research is really AI or just statistics on some specific subject.
With a move towards renewable energy without sufficient energy storage will simply mean that the
backup energy suppliers will be mostly idle. Such idleness is costly, and it should reflect in the
energy price they can charge. So the political headache is telling the consumers, that on that
on that still, cloudy winters day, their energy price is 100 times the ordinary.
It may still be a good idea, but it require change.
My guess is that they're all researching exactly that already..
Why would they not?
Things that adds to viralness;
* Play on hate, fear or pride.
* Supports the underdog.
* Neglect truth for clarity.
* Funny or awsome
* Contains baby,cat or fluffy animal.
Then how do they know its precise?
I'm not sure slamming each others companies with ddos attacks would be good.
But it would be appropriate if someone could infect their forced "firewall"
software to ddos their own internal surveillance structure to smoldering bits.
I find it an odd chain of logic, that because the Russian netizens are a diverse bunch, then it excludes that
a crime syndicate with ties to persons in the Russian government are involved in some specific incident of hacking.
Both can easily be true at once.
Or perhaps the sensationalist non-peer reviewed paper making wild claim about the nature of the universe will wilt under scrutiny?
Indeed, let his peers have a few months to comment too.
Make a key that is so large that it would be expected to break only if
you use every atom in the observable universe for computation for as
along as the expected age of the sun to crack it.
Sure that would be breakable, but it would not matter in the real wold.