Slashdot is powered by your submissions, so send in your scoop

 



Forgot your password?
typodupeerror
NASA

Submission + - Landsat 8 Satellite Successfully Launches into Orbit (nasa.gov)

adosch writes: The Landsat Data Continuity Mission is now in orbit, after launching Monday from Vandenberg Air Force Base in Calif. After about three months of testing, the U.S. Geological Survey will take control and the mission, renamed Landsat 8, will extend more than 40 years of global land observations critical to energy and water management, forest monitoring, human and environmental health, urban planning, disaster recovery and agriculture.

Slashdot Top Deals

The first 90% of a project takes 90% of the time, the last 10% takes the other 90% of the time.

Working...