One would be hard pressed to argue that a bloodied child in a war zone is not being abused. I'd say thats abuse by definition.
tr.v. abused, abusing, abuses
1. To use wrongly or improperly; misuse: abuse alcohol; abuse a privilege.
2. To hurt or injure by maltreatment; ill-use.
3. To force sexual activity on; rape or molest.
4. To assail with contemptuous, coarse, or insulting words; revile.
5. Obsolete To deceive or trick.
IMHO, Your definition exceeds the actual definition.
Now define piracy in a way that's machine detectable, and what you'll really have is the ultimate DRM.
Agreed on the DRM, disagree on the war zone children.
* Children in war zones should not be combatants, they should be civilians. Any child in a war zone who is acting as a combatant is being maltreated, or ill-used; definition 2.
* Civilians are non-combatants, and so should not be getting injured. A civilian being injured due to wartime activities is being "hurt or injure[d] by maltreatment"; definition 2.
I don't think that BitZtream exceeded the definition; it seems to me he got it spot-on.