My photography archive is approximately 100GB in size. I keep it safe in the following way:
- Primary datastore lives on PC.
- Sync primary datastore to second HDD internal to PC whenever changes are made. I use Beyond Compare for this.
- Sync primary datastore to external HDD whenever changes are made. Beyond Compare again.
- Burn to blu-ray once I hit my bucket size of ~24GB
- Backblaze online backup for offsite disaster recovery. Costs $5/month or less if you sign up for a year.
1. If you care at all about keeping the fruits of your photography labours safe, I cannot recommend highly enough Peter Krogh's "Digital Asset Management for Photographers, 2e". The bucket concept is from there. See http://www.thedambook.com/