Because what we perceive as the color of some surface is really a reflection of ambient light from that surface. So color of the surface would change depending on color of the light that it is reflecting. But our brain has auto white balance image preprocessing filter that fixes surface color for us based on light color , which is computed partially using our knowledge on what color things should normally have. In this picture dress could be white if it is not in a lighten by yellow colored light behind it, but lighten by blueish light source, and camera white balance is set somewhere in a middle. Otherwise it's blue.
Slashdot videos: Now with more Slashdot!
We've improved Slashdot's video section; now you can view our video interviews, product close-ups and site visits with all the usual Slashdot options to comment, share, etc. No more walled garden! It's a work in progress -- we hope you'll check it out (Learn more about the recent updates).
Interestingly, the above link to dailymail redirects me to this http://184.108.40.206/ - I had to use ssh tunnel to get there. I, for one, welcome my local government censor overlords!
Population of this planet consume resources much faster than they are renewed, it can not last long. Our options are limited - we can continue as now, until real peak oil, peak population, peak production is reached, then kill each other for the leftovers. Another possibility is building a stable society - all the green stuff, birth control, no wars, probably no private enterprises, probably one de facto world government and total control - stagnation. Next is a science fiction dream - we colonise another planets, continue extensive development - wild west all over again, Firefly. The only path that guarantee survival of the humanity in a long run, but the least probable of all - looks like we gave up hopes on this one. And the last option would be to kill that 90% of population, more contagious ebola with longer incubation period? Considering that it is probably much easier to secretly develop bioweapon with cure or vaccine than to create cure in relatively short time - game theory in action, this outcome looks almost inevitable, even MAD not gonna help this time. Why I was telling all this? Because of the bright side - you probably should not worry about future unemployment
Kazahstan, Uzbekistan, Turkmenstan, Tajikistan, Kyrgyzstan - probably mostly those "parts of the former Soviet Union". Definitely not eastern Europe, and not Russia.
I just checked on openbsd.org, and I loved the FAQ section!
4.13 - Common installation problems
4.13.1 - My Compaq only recognizes 16M RAM
4.13.2 - My i386 won't boot after install
- Hook her up on the same drugs. If you are playing MMORPG - make her play just a bit, chances she will get hooked and you will become happy zombie family, spending all your spare time and more leveling your chars and communicating with each other using team chat. I spent about a year like this with my ex wife, can not really recommend this option.
- Get couple of noisy bitcoin miners, overclock, put in the same room and inform her that those monsters will mine 24/7. You will have a rough week, keep calm, then sell them after she understand that your computer is not at all noisy.
- Move your gaming rig into separate room, stay there and hope she will ask you to move back with your noisy gear. Even better if you can move it somewhere outside the house, to you friends place or something like this, and spend a few evenings there because you do not want to disturb her with the noise.
- Ask her to move in another room while you play if she do not like the noise.
- Think, maybe it's really time to stop playing and consuming other forms of digital content and spend more time with her? Get her out for a walk, or start doing something interesting together like for example get the 'Cooking for geeks' book and explore cooking, or get plush handcuffs and stuff, crystal meth, viagra and have some fun together, or buy aquarium, or sign up for pottering classes - possibilities are endless and almost anything is better than spend your life in front of a monitor, trust me on this
Your honour, I'm filing this case because BT refuse to allow me to download material that is in public domain or under permissive licence, like GPL or CC.
Fixed that for you. By blocking entire TPB BT refusing it's users access to thousands of legally shared torrents. And besides, TPB does not contain any copyrighted material or links to such material - only description and hash of such files.
Either way, if you want anything that hasn't got into your distribution's package management system yet, you're almost invariably forced into compiling your own software and manually installing it with makefiles. Those might, if you're really lucky, also offer a make uninstall option that actually does cleanly uninstall. That might, if you're even luckier, still work six months later, as long as no-one inadvertently installed a new version of the manually compiled code over the top to "upgrade" it, or just ran make distclean without thinking leaving you with no idea what make uninstall should have done. In any case, Linux is going to enforce absolutely no system hygiene at any point in this process.
If you want to install software that hasn't got into your distribution's package management system - you should compile it, make package and install package. How do you expect your OS to enforce system hygiene if you do not use correct procedures to install packages? If you install by 'make install' you are basically just copy bunch of files somewhere.
Well, unlike the USSR, we do have real choices, and in the US small changes in voting preferences can lead to significant improvements.
Sure, if thats what you call real choices
But as long as sheep keep reelecting politicians who blatantly violate their campaign promises
That was really funny, it's like saying "Untill this sheep will keep voting for Brezhnev.."
I don't like the rule of mr. Putin for lots of reasons, most of so called western democracies is not better in my point of view - anyway rulers come and go but Russia will remain, and I want it to be big and strong, wolf rather than a rabbit - just for fun, like some people want their favourite sport team to win - go go Russia!
I'm living in Thailand and check news from both sides.
Putin isn't paying you enough.
How is your salary at U.S. Department of State? Enough for peanuts?
To shoot down Ukrainian military aircraft. They had already shot down a Ukrainian transport plane and a Ukrainian fighter within the previous week. They were on a roll.
Rebels had shoot down an Ukrainian transport at much lower attitude, during landing. It is still unclear if they have technical ability to shoot a plane flying at 10km attitude, and why would the do it also remains unclear - there were lots of civil planes flying there, do you think they would just randomly shoot at anything in hopes to bring down Ukrainian military transport? Ukrainian military shooting it to get international support sounds more plausible.
Anyway it's safer to run everything in separate VM's