- that I really do know better than most people when it comes to posting here;
- that you should make me your friend if you agree with me; and
- (contingent on point #2) set your "enemies of friends" comment modifier to -6.
Here we go!
You've been foelisted for one (or more, if you're really special) of several reasons:
- You posted something which was so mind-blowingly stupid I was actually less intelligent after having read it.
- You filled your post with irrelevant minutae of your life that nobody cares about. You're not impressing anyone when you say you're "a power user who regularly tweaks all [his] apps" (taken from a real quote), and nobody really sees how many head shots you score in CounterStrike and suddenly starts thinking you're God's gift to the world. Trust me.
- You posted a tired and worn-out joke about Microsoft or SCO. They were never funny to begin with, and you're not helping by repeating the same theme over and over again.
- You posted the eighteen millionth "clever" variation of a lame Internet meme. Did you really think to yourself "my God, this is brilliant!" when you came up with "All your Linux are belong to SCO?" (note reference to point #3 above). If so, go kill yourself. If not, then why post it?
- Your post has so many grammar and/or spelling errors your ninth grade English teacher would have a coronary if she saw it. If you can't be bothered to write correctly, I can't be bothered to read what you have to say anymore. Writing is the only way you can present your argument on Slashdot; put some thought into what you post. This doesn't mean picking on folks who don't speak English as their primary language; I speak a couple other languages myself so I know how hard it can be to write properly in something other than one's native tongue. It just means picking on idiots who don't feel like learning the difference between "its" and "it's."
So hopefully this has been of some help to you.