Not paying for the damage you do to the water and the air is a subsidy.
The human brain doesn't fully develop until 25. We don't even hold teenagers responsible for their actions until they're 17-18.
You're either going to pay for your heating source upfront (geothermal), or over time through fuel.
The problem is having power on demand. I want to turn on the heating *now* now wait until the wind blows of the sun shines
Then get a heat pump, and make up the difference with cheap electricity or natural gas. The earth below your feet makes for a phenomenal energy sink.
Chicagoian here: I recently drove back from Tampa, FL to Chicago on Sunday. Drove through Atlanta at the right time. Got to Indiana and followed plows back from Indianapolis up to the state line. In a 2 door coupe with 300hp and stock tires.
Be prepared. Slow down. Don't drive like an asshole. Most importantly, *don't go out if you don't need to*.
What happens when consumer demand for bandwidth rises faster than prices, and your revenue and profits don't cover equipment upgrades because of the demand curve? In that case, you charge more.
If you're Comcast, AT&T, or some other large incumbent, yes, you're milking your customers. Small town ISPs? Not so much. Feel free to grab an uplink and some gear, and try to deploy your own low density ISP and see what your costs are.
But those 20% are just 20%. You cater to the other 80%.
You build for the majority of your users. If you're in the minority, you deal with it, find a competitor who offers that functionality, or you build your own.
Why pay money to some network that makes one or two good shows when I can pay Netflix and they give me thousands of shows and movies?
That you can watch at home, on the go, on all of your devices. For less than $10/month.
I forget where I read it, but while Honey Boo-Boo is extremely irritating, the mother is extremely responsible with regards to the money the show is bringing in for her child. Its locked up until her child is 18, unlike what the majority of people due with their children's television/movie earnings.
"Credit where credit due" sort of thing.
So now you're whining that a covered product is too hard to get replaced? FOR FREE? Jesus christ, no wonder legislators have to step in to regulate inefficient consumption behavior.
Its also possible you got a bad run of bulbs. Return them and get replacements, they're still under warranty.
Okay, we get it, you don't agree with the phaseout. Get over it already. It's a done deal.
For you, the price isn't that great. But that vehicle is going to have a ~20 year lifetime over several owners. Even if its more upfront, it is better for the environment.