My concern with any memory management strategy under Windows is that even the current, disk-based virtual memory system is horrible at determining the "memory pressure" statistic. Under Windows 7, when I have a memory-intensive operation running, I'll hear the disk grinding away paging the whole time, while the system monitor shows physical memory usage at 60%. Even if the other 40% is disk cache, I'm pretty sure the foreground process should take precedence.
The other frustrating scenario is in sleep mode: after an overnight sleep,you can watch the physical memory line go from near zero back to where it was before the sleep as the disk grinds away paging things back in. That's hibernation, not sleep! My suspicion there is a feature which gets the machine hibernated while sleeping, to recover in the case of a power outage. The feature pretty much kills the usefulness of sleep, though, if every wake is a wake from hibernate.
Long story short, I'm pretty sure that this new compression feature means that Windows will simply keep itself to an even tinier corner of the physical RAM, while wasting CPU cycles in addition to disk accesses.