Does TrueCrypt use SSL?
Yeah, because it's so easy for the public to audit closed-source software.
Since there's nothing inherently wrong with Windows 8.1 besides the awful UI
That's like saying "there's nothing wrong with this sports car besides somebody smearing shit all over it." 90% of Windows' value is the UI. (The other 10% is being trapped on the platform.)
If they had a free and clear referendum with no intimidation and *actually* 100% voter turnout, I'd abide by their decision. The anti-Russian people also boycotted the vote somewhat from what I heard...which makes all this shadow-casting rather silly, as you said, if they were doing so voluntarily.
Yeah, it was a really bad idea to begin with IMO. But now everybody's angry so it doesn't seem fixable anymore.
For maximum screwage, they should continue releasing badly-named X-Boxen until it's impossible to refer to the original one at all using English
X-Box Old (I'd love to see that ad campaign)
If we accept that the referendum is legitimate, then your points all more or less make sense. I, however, do not. You can't have a fair vote when one of the sides has soldiers at the voting area.
And your software quite possibly won't work anymore.
...oh right, this is OS X we're talking about. They don't believe in 3rd party software, do they?
And that's what percentage of Mint upgrades? There's going to be a fuckton of duplicates in that list, too.
Look, I can pull grossly inaccurate numbers out of my ass, too! Here's a few: 47 19 297 4,359,291 -945,651
I would argue that this is in fact a case of the GP needing to write more clearly and not assume everyone can follow his assumptions.
And you need to learn how to not insult people's language skills. It's rather rude.
*(computer expert) ^ (knows Unix tools) ^ (doesn't even get apt-get terminology right) ^ (apt-get doesn't work anywhere)
Hmm...maybe those last 2 are somehow related.
LMDE is a bad example; it's the bleeding-edge version of Mint. I can't even remember the last time apt-get upgrade (update is actually the command that fetches the package list) screwed me on mainstream Ubuntu or Mint.
In other news, Windows users don't like Gentoo either (although that's a hyperbolic comparison).
actively uses Raspbian, Puppy Linux, Linux Mint DE, and Ubuntu.
You get the same apt-get screwage in Ubuntu and normal Mint? Did you accidentally put a curse on your computer or something?
Unless if this is all a lie and you're just shilling, which I kind of have to consider because of your ACness and the improbability of all your statements being simultaneously true.
(computer expert) ^ (knows Unix tools) ^ (apt-get doesn't work anywhere)
--quiet --quiet --quiet --quiet
So you can have no idea what happened when it explodes partway through?
Yep. My first thought after reading the "just type 'apt-get upgrade'" post was "...and then spend several hours trying to figure out WTF got screwed up in xorg.conf"
(I have no idea what I'm talking about, since I haven't actually tried doing it in a couple of years...)
fixing a broken update can, however, be close to rocket science
I once learned the hard way why you should never ever ever ever abort a running apt-get process. Fun times.