Most of them aren't "woe-is-me"-ing. They're say "society offered a choice between X and Y, and after weighing the relative benefits, we decided we prefer Y". We're not the ones going "OMG, they didn't choose X! MASCULINITY CRISIS!!"
The problem with the article is people like you are failing to realize the harsh truths run both ways:
1. The world only cares about what it can get from me / I only care about what I can get from the world.
2. What I Produce Does Not Have to Make Money, But It Does Have to Benefit People / People don't have to pay me to cooperate, but I do expect to benefit from doing so.
3. I Hate Yourself Because I Don't Do Anything / I hate you because you don't do anything for me.
4. What I Am Inside Only Matters Because of What It Makes Me Do / Society only matters because of what it does for me.
5. Everything Inside Me Will Fight Improvement / Society will also fight improvement.