I have tried a bunch of ways. Trained the 'expert' users in the area on how to put in a better ticket. Sent tickets back to them because of lack of information. Judicious of cattle prods and a tack hammer... However, users will use what method is easiest to them, which tends to be:
- Calling someone they know directly
- Emailing someone they know directly
- Emailing the ticket capture email address with 'Call me'
- Calling the service desk
- Screaming at someone from IS in the hallway
- Emailing the ticket capture email address with a long email chain which tangentally mentions the issue somewhere in the middle
- Complaining to coworkers
- not doing anything
- Log into the ticket system and put in 'call me'