"NASA is working on... the rocket expected to launch the [Mars] mission -- the Space Launch System"
1. Kill the Senate Launch System and bury it in a landfill
2. Fire everyone who thought it was a good idea
3. Wait around a few years and play Kerbal Space Program
4. Buy a ride on Falcon Heavy R and save a billion bucks per launch
5. Now you can afford to haul more stuff to Mars for a city
Thank you, I'll take the $5000 in cashier's check, Visa or Mastercard.... but definitely NOT American Express.