Follow Slashdot stories on Twitter

 



Forgot your password?
typodupeerror
For the out-of-band Slashdot experience (mostly headlines), follow us on Twitter, or Facebook. ×

Comment: Traffic Calming (Score 1) 364 364

Some places, like Corpus Christie Texas, actively timed lights to minimize the flow of traffic. Officials used the term "traffic calming". You can't get to green when the intent is to stop you with red. It's been a while, so maybe that horrific policy is no longer in place.

Comment: Re:patented keyboard technology? (Score 3, Informative) 205 205

Your link is for an Apple suit over a design patent. Rounded corners was only a part of that design patent. Anyone can use rounded corners and not violate the design patent. They can't copy the entirety of the design patent. Hence the conclusion that Apple suing over the stand alone concept of rounded corners is a myth.

Comment: Re:A myth indeed. (Score 1) 392 392

Social security is 6.2%, and 1.45% for medicare, making it combined 7.65%

That is the part that shows up on a paystub, then the employer pays the same again making the total 15.3%. Those who are self employed get to pay the full amount themselves. I always thought it was tricky to hide half of payroll taxes in that way. It's always better to have the real numbers in people's face.

Comment: Why is libm.a empty? (Score 2, Funny) 134 134

From the FAQ:

On musl, the entire standard library is included in a single library file — libc.a for static linking, and libc.so for dynamic linking. This significantly improves the efficiency of dynamic linking, and avoids all sorts of symbol interposition bugs that arise when you split the libraries up — bugs which have plagued glibc for more than a decade.

Bringing it all together? That's why they call it the love musl.

That does not compute.

Working...