Slashdot videos: Now with more Slashdot!
How to Cancel an AOL Dial-Up Service By Stacey Price, eHow Contributor
Canceling your AOL account is a simple task that can be done over the phone or online. With the integration of AOL's free web-based email service, you can cancel your dial-up service and still enjoy some of their features by converting to a free AOL account if you have an Internet connection.
Things You'll Need:
- Account information
- Answer to your security question
- Phone number
- Go to http://bill.aol.com/
- Sign on with the primary screen name that you created when you registered your AOL account. Type the answer to your account security question and click "Continue."
- Click "Cancel my billing" in the right panel under the "I want to" heading.
- Click "How do I cancel my paid member account or convert it to a free member account" in the right panel, under "Frequently Asked Questions."
- Follow the on-screen instructions to send the cancellation request. It can be done through an electronic cancellation request online, by fax or mail.
Tips & Warnings
- To cancel by phone, call (800) 827-6364, or send a fax to (703) 433-7283.
- Send a cancellation request form to:
PO Box 65100
Sterling, VA 20165-8800
Brier Dudley, Seattle Times
Link to Original Source