It's interesting actually... I genuinely wondered why you don't get mildly electrocuted when you touch the completely exposed connectors end of it
For the same reason that you don't get "mildly electrocuted" from the exposed terminals of a battery or when kids play with Scalextrix or model trains both of which have lots of exposed metal with an electrical potential between them. Your body's electrical resistance is large enough that a small DC voltage is not enough to drive a current large enough that you would notice it.
The disabling of the power unless it it plugged in is more probably to prevent the magnets making the plug stick onto a metal surface and short out the supply which would likely blow some internal fuse that would not be trivial to replace.