Catch up on stories from the past week (and beyond) at the Slashdot story archive

 



Forgot your password?
typodupeerror

Submission Summary: 0 pending, 2 declined, 0 accepted (2 total, 0.00% accepted)

Submission + - Geeknet sells Slashdot, Sourceforge and Freecode to Dice Holdings (geek.net) 1

Robert Zenz writes:

New York, NY and Fairfax, VA — September 18, 2012 — Dice Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: DHX), a leading provider of specialized career websites, and Geeknet, Inc. (Nasdaq: GKNT) today announced that Dice Holdings has acquired Geeknet's online media business, including Slashdot and SourceForge. "The acquisition of these premier technology sites fits squarely into our strategy of providing content and services that are important to tech professionals in their everyday work lives," said Scot Melland, Chairman, President & CEO of Dice Holdings, Inc. "The SourceForge and Slashdot communities will enable our customers to reach millions of engaged tech professionals on a regular basis and significantly extends our company's reach into the global tech community."


Submission + - NVIDIA Contributes CUDA Compiler to Open Source Community (nvidia.com)

Robert Zenz writes: NVIDIA Press Release: NVIDIA announced that LLVM, one of the industry's most popular open source compilers, now supports NVIDIA GPUs, dramatically expanding the range of researchers, independent software vendors (ISVs) and programming languages that can take advantage of the benefits of GPU acceleration.

Slashdot Top Deals

The first 90% of a project takes 90% of the time, the last 10% takes the other 90% of the time.

Working...