Are you suggesting he track down a cancer survivor and ask her to show him her tits? I must say it's not a tactic I've heard working before.
Slashdot videos: Now with more Slashdot!
We've improved Slashdot's video section; now you can view our video interviews, product close-ups and site visits with all the usual Slashdot options to comment, share, etc. No more walled garden! It's a work in progress -- we hope you'll check it out (Learn more about the recent updates).
I recently got the Bloodbowl game on steam, also the Talisman game. Both of them are really great fun.
I'd love to see games like Dragon Masters, Hero Quest and many others make the same transition to digital version.
I think they would make great VR games, even.
If 95% of the entire world population was converted into zombies magically overnight, it would take the other 5% 20 days at 1 zombie a day to eradicate the horde. If any reasonable model of infection is consulted, a sizable enough portion of the worlds armies would remain uninfected to solve the issue in a matter of hours.
Doesn't this pave the way to implanted headphones?
I read this thread and wonder why nobody has mentioned Carrie Fisher. Isn't she returning to Star Wars despite not only aging but also having had a massive drugs and drink phase? Is that not a case where they felt that the only person suitable to play Leia is herself?
If you wanted to show Harrison Ford as an aged Deckard, but portray Rachel as unaged, you could cast Krysten Ritter in her place. They look similar enough and she could play the character fine I'm sure.
I never realised this before. Until someone actually puts it in a sentence like that. Economists ARE fortune tellers... mind blown.
Why not increase the number of H1-B visas for people to do this?
You could pay someone minimum wage to fly cheap drones, with explosives, into border crossers.
You could have a variety of drones even. Wedge shaped ones for slicing through people, large heavy ones for crushing people, ones that break up into smaller drones for cluster bombing.
They should be more honest and say X3 is lowest performance, X5 average performance, X7 better performance.
If you were to rate products out of 3 stars, where 1 star was the lowest you could give, then 1 star would be worst, 3 be best.
The Article, and thus the original topic of discussion, is about serving an alcoholic, not serving drunk people.
A bartender is under no obligation to refuse an alcoholic a drink. An alcoholic might arrive in the bar, 15 years sober and ask for a drink. How is the barman to know? Either way, it's not illegal for him to serve the alcoholic.
Robots should be programed to obey the law. There is no law against serving alcoholics, there is a law against serving people underage.
Your point seems to be different to the topic of the article, which isn't about serving people already dangerously drunk.
The second point is not really relevant, given that the thought experiment is about our ability to detect something that was invading us. If they are invading us, then they have found us.
So you now have to explain 2 discrepancies in technology. 1) They are sufficiently advanced to have found us. 2) They are sufficiently advanced to get to us.
The more you add to the list of things they would have to have in order to invade us, the less and less likely they are missing the things required to eliminate us undetected. For example, you would have a hard time explaining how they can move their fleet across the vast void of space, but can't move a sufficient number of asteroids from an asteroid belt to populous locations on Earth's surface.
This is why I dislike most alien invasion movies.
Some more information would be useful. I'm going to guess that she spoke into the device and auto-detect picked up Swahili.
Yes, you were joking, however, it made a number of shocking omissions in the few minutes it actually did run. It was as if, realising they had nil for a SFX budget, they decided that Lews Therin did himself in with a knife instead of overdrawing on the source and creating Dragonmount. Also, there was no rippling of floors and walls in after-shock from him using the power to murder his entire family.
The other bits weren't that bad though. No, wait, they were. They got Ilyena "Sunhair"'s hair colour wrong.
I don't like to quote something possibly over-used, but "Absence of proof is not proof of absence."
To adequately prove psychopaths don't thrive in a primarily psychopathic society, we'd have to run several experiments where varying groups of people try to form a society with a range of ratios between normal and psychopathic people.
I'd hate to be the one normal guy in that group!