If this ruling sticks then a major adjustment in AAPL's price is coming down the tracks. Should be good for roughly a 15-20% drop. At 16, AAPL's p/e is looking a little pricey in any case. Other tech perps are no doubt peering anxiously over their shoulders but AAPL is the standout bad actor.
Then please do short Apple - this should be fun.
Meh, corporations will simply set up mailboxes on Mars, much like they do in Luxembourg or Lichtenstein,
You are confusing that with Delaware. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C... - this single-story building is the (US-) residence of 6,500 corporations, and more than 200,000 businesses.
But if the Irish laws supported Apple what's the legal basis for trying to claim back taxes?
I believe that the claim is that *both* Apple and the Irish government colluded to bypass Irish laws (derived from EU directives). In that case the Irish government is also going to be in trouble, treaty-wise.
You, like most her, completely misunderstood what's going on. QTFA: "While the companies themselves aren't under investigation, their input is being sought because they would be required to return any unpaid taxes."
I repeat: Apple is not under investigation, they will not be fined. The worst that can happen to them is be required to pay taxes saved. It's only Ireland who is in trouble (and the other countries under investigation).
Id like to believe if this issue was widespread, we would have heard about it when the note 3 launched.. or the GS5... or the (insert other flagship phone here) was released. I mean the iphone 6 hasnt been out a week, This will end up becoming a much bigger issue than antennagate
Yeah, because all the problems with Samsung products or labour issues had the same media exposure as those from Apple. And yes, this will be a bigger issue than Antennagate, because nobody but the haters will care about it in 4 weeks instead of 3 weeks.
I can install cyanogenmod on my android devices if i want,
No, you can install it if it's supported, officially or as a hack of dubious quality. On the vast majority of Android devices you can't.
Same thing i posted above. Apple has their iAd service with "customized" ads with apple taking 30% of the revenue and the developer taking the remaining 70%.
So, Google ads = BAD, apple ads = Good because?
Because nobody ever complained about Google not giving enough private information about their customers (that is people buying their products) to the advertisers while those complaints exist about Apple.
I wish I had mod points
Step 1: Log In
Step 2: ???
Step 3: Mod Points!
Not even directly said in the article, only in the screenshots of the emails: "Same issue consists with other companies too", "found the same issue with Google "
Well okay, but patches are available for the major Linux distributions.
And most of them have new problems or don't fix the old one.
Depends on the depth of the pockets. My razr rests flat against my thigh, well below the bend.
Yes, Hip-Hopper are clearly at an advantage here, as are those with tiny phones like a razr. 4.7" assuming you have the "huge" HD? Are you seroius with your micro phone?