Slashdot is powered by your submissions, so send in your scoop

 



Forgot your password?
typodupeerror

Submission + - Netflix Spinoff Roku Seeks Funds for 100 Channels (bloomberg.com)

PhreakOfTime writes: Roku Inc., the television set-top box maker spun off by Netflix Inc., is planning to raise $30 million in private funding for development of its Internet-TV service. “We’re not far away from the time when you’ll be able to get the same kinds of channels that any cable operator can offer,” says CEO Anthony Wood. The company is also devising revenue-sharing agreements for developers who can sell subscriptions on the service or charge per product like Amazon.com.

Slashdot Top Deals

The first 90% of a project takes 90% of the time, the last 10% takes the other 90% of the time.

Working...