Want to read Slashdot from your mobile device? Point it at m.slashdot.org and keep reading!

 



Forgot your password?
typodupeerror

Comment Write daily, weekly, monthly goal lists (Score 1) 301

Each day, make a realistic list of priority tasks, goals, etc. Do the same for weekly and monthly. Revise as needed. It really is that simple. If you don't meet your own requirements more than not, you can consider yourself lazy and a personal failure. I don't like thinking of myself as lazy or a failure, so I spend at least 90% of my "work" time actually working and crossing things off my list. As for the other 10%, I'm only human and have to avoid burning myself out.

I prefer Evernote, but anything similar, including a pad of paper will work. When I'm having a hard time focusing, keeping the list visible, be it on another monitor, tablet, phone, etc, helps immensely.

Comment Re:The People to Cops.... (Score 5, Insightful) 342

Get a warrant, intercept them realtime. Next they'll want recordings of conversations to be saved for X years. If a judge thinks a person is worth surveillance, then fine, but my past communications shouldn't be archived "just in case I'm a criminal".

"The number of Unix installations has grown to 10, with more expected." -- The Unix Programmer's Manual, 2nd Edition, June, 1972

Working...