Slashdot videos: Now with more Slashdot!
1. Prototype PHP code written and tested in an afternoon.
2. Business case written in an afternoon (forgetting to include the profit generating point.)
3. Vulture Capitalist drinks too much at lunchtime pitch and agrees to provide $BIGNUM
4. Development of real codebase begins.
5. Vulture Capitalist sobers up and demands that the new service starts NOW!
6. Prototype code goes into production.
7. Real codebase development abandoned.
The new video reveals changes in Saturn's aurora every few minutes, in high resolution, with three dimensions. The images show a previously unseen vertical profile to the auroras, which ripple in the video like tall curtains. These curtains reach more than 1,200 kilometers (750 miles) above the edge of the planet's northern hemisphere."
Link to Original Source
This is the RIAA fallacy, presuming that all pirated copies represent lost revenue.
Isn't this silly idea just a blanket permission to copy music?
Let's not do anything then 'cus somebody may decide to break it.
What a pathetic world view.
Who the hell cares if the grid is down, the EMP pulse will have fried all electronics in the area anyway.
This is a DOS on the security services and explains why despite much propaganda automatic face recognition systems are not in use.
And when did deterrents ever stop murders or kids making copies of songs for their friends?
The big fines were intended to make professional copyright violations where some factory turns out hundreds or thousands of copies of fake product unprofitable. Using the same law to beat up some random person is disproportionate.