You should contact your ISP and have them check the line.
Dramatic speed decreases in the evening might indicate a damaged cable. There may be a fine gap in the wire which widens when the temperatures falls in the evening.
I couldn't agree more.
You do realize that Doom has been "banned" in Germany the same way alcohol is "banned" in the US?
This is not true. Laws differ throughout the EU. A good may be legal in one country but not in another. For example you're allowed to buy marihuana in the Netherlands, but not in Germany.
Browser version numbers are completely irrelevant. It's new features or changing behavior which is causing problems for Enterprises because they require a complete regression test of all internal web tools (in theory at least).
So even if FF5 would have been called FF220.127.116.11 the new features (CSS animations, more HTML5 support, various internal changes) would mandate a thorough regression test. You can't blindly roll out a new browser version just because the version number was incremented by 0.0.1 instead of 1.
Btw the FF3.6 branch received more than security fixes, e.g. changes to the way plugins are executed. The new version numbering simply highlights the faulty Enterprise processes.
Now, if Enterprises would simply code against standards there'd be much less problems in migrating...
Of course not EVERY smell, but this could become a nice stylistic device to increase immersion.
Just imagine a scene in a forest or at the ocean where you can actually smell the wet earth or the salt. Done right, this would be much more exciting than that 3D thing...
In case you're wondering what's actually new:
- Added support for CSS animations
- The Do-Not-Track header preference has been moved to increase discoverability
- Tuned HTTP idle connection logic for increased performance
- Improved standards support for HTML5, XHR, MathML, SMIL, and canvas
- Improved spell checking for some locales
- Improved desktop environment integration for Linux users
- WebGL content can no longer load cross-domain textures
- Background tabs have setTimeout and setInterval clamped to 1000ms to improve performance
- Fixed several stability issues
- Fixed several security issues