Now, here is the bit I dont believe in... What is the deal with religious groups thinking that they can act like a business and collect large amounts of land, assetts, businesses on the side, and then be exempt from taxation?
This is complete bullshit - if a religious group is behaving properly, it will collect income from donations, etc and then it will deduct expenses like electricity, bible printing, whatever and after that everything leftover - as per a normal business is PROFIT - AND IT SHOULD BE TAXED, JUST LIKE A BUSINESS.
I am all for freedom of speech and religion but I will not accept that they should be able to make MILLIONS OF DOLLARS in revenue without any taxation at all, just because they are a 'religion'.
Until now - the Nokia 6610 was on special for $249 AU (outright - no plans), so I got it.
Its pretty small but nice to use, and has:
- WAP browsing
- send emails
- Calendar, contacts, todo
- IR sync to PC
- FM Radio
- Java apps and games
plus all the phone stuff (which I hardly use)
Overall, I'm pretty happy - I would have like full email and web browsing, but I cant afford it here in ($1200 AU) and/or $79/month plan.
Now, my question is - why has no one built a java app that turns a IR port on a phone into a TV remote control?
Bascilly, I want a pocket sized device that:
- can browse the web at a reasonable cost (i.e. not 0.48cents per 30 seconds)
- send/receive emails (doesn't really have to sync with PC based mail apps - I'd be happy just with web access so I could use webmail.)
- Tri Band (so I can use it on camping holidays. Actually this is my main goal - I want to be able to check emails when I am fishing on the river)
- has a decent screen display - 640x320 min
- keys are not too small - qwerty keypad would be ideal
- decent PIM software (calendar, notes, tasks)
- syncs data with a PC (Windows and Linux)
- reasonable phone plan ($10-$20 per month + data costs)
Nice extras to have would be:
- FM radio
- MP3/OGG player with decent memory [256M] - expandable
- downloadable games and java apps
- programmable IR remote (TV's etc)
- GPS with built in map software (Ok - I'm getting silly here, but it would be cool)
So, does this exist (in Australia?), or do I have to wait another year or so?
If you have any suggestions, I'd love to hear them.