I score high on the Get Off My Lawn game.
Last time that happened for a pregnant couple, it started a whole new religion.
While technically true, I doubt very many organizations actually do that in practice, based on my observations, such that it's not worth making that distinction, except perhaps as a footnote.
They Bay Area is one of the few economically active places in the USA, that's why housing is expensive there.
If you want cheap housing, go to an economically dying area, like Detroit; or a place with no regulations such that chemicals leak into your house or explode in your face, like Texas.
until you have to change the first diaper
See, this is what happens when rings are knotty.
It's just a big zit; relax
Clean your own damned dirigible; we're not your maid.
I see way too many examples of people not understanding how to drive their car in 2D.
No no no. Like I said, the computer does the actual steering (for non-rural usage).
Are you saying this project can't get off the ground?
90% chance you are right, but dreamers take risk on the 10%. Dreamers risked their lives to build the first airplane, risked their career on the first microcomputers (Woz at HP), risked their presidency on the first national health-insurance system, etc.
We owe a debt of gratitude and appreciation to the dreamers and risk takers. They gave us our future.
In bigger cities, such a contraption would have to be computer-controlled to reduce the risk of human error to an acceptable level. But perhaps if something gets going in a rural area, investments in city-friendly control infrastructure will follow. Thus, it doesn't have to start out being city-ready; it just has to start out (and gain usage).
Something like NASA's vertical-takeoff Puffin design sounds like the way to go for those without big yards or landing spots. Although, that's not really a "car". But "mass commuter planes" is close enough. 2D traffic sucks here; time to up-grade.
I don't understand why they would fixate on old technology...
Revoke his Nerd Card immediately. He is not one of us. I bet his computer chair is completely free of pizza stains too.
Man, the hoops people jump thru over nostalgia for pixellated pr0n.
The star system's population sending "Heelllppp!" is a good sign.