Want to read Slashdot from your mobile device? Point it at m.slashdot.org and keep reading!

 



Forgot your password?
typodupeerror
Security

Submission + - Canadian bank looses data on 470,000 customers

RonMcMahon writes: "The Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce (CIBC) announced today that a backup file containing data on 470,000 investors has gone missing in transit.

The Globe and Mail article on this issue reports that the president of CIBC Asset Management, Steve Geist, "want(s) to assure our clients that we are taking all steps possible to address this matter"

Perhaps encrypting the data BEFORE sending it, might actually be a sign of taking customer information seriously?"

Slashdot Top Deals

The first 90% of a project takes 90% of the time, the last 10% takes the other 90% of the time.

Working...