Slashdot videos: Now with more Slashdot!
We've improved Slashdot's video section; now you can view our video interviews, product close-ups and site visits with all the usual Slashdot options to comment, share, etc. No more walled garden! It's a work in progress -- we hope you'll check it out (Learn more about the recent updates).
- Ask your local science museum if they have an AI Mind exhibit. If they do not, volunteer to install MindForth as an AI exhibit.See which museum is the home of the oldest living artificial intelligence.Albuquerque NM -- New Mexico Museum of Natural History and Science
- Baltimore MD -- Maryland Science Center Berkeley CA -- Lawrence Hall of Science Bloomingtown IN -- Wonderlab Museum of Science, Health, & Technology
Boston MA -- Museum of Science
- Brantford, Ontario, Canada -- Personal Computer Museum
- Charlotte NC -- Discovery Place
- Chicago IL -- Museum of Science and Industry
- Columbus OH -- Center of Science and Industry (COSI)
- Detroit MI -- Detroit Science Center Jersey City NJ -- Liberty Science Center Kansas City MO -- Science City at Union Station
- Los Angeles CA -- the California Science Center
- Louisville KY -- the Louisville Science Center
- Manchester UK -- Museum of Science and Industry (MoSI)
- Mobile AL -- the Gulf Coast Exploreum Science Center
- Mountain View CA -- Computer History Museum
- New York City NY -- the New York Hall of Science
- Norwich VT -- Montshire Museum of Science
- Philadelphia PA -- the Franklin Institute Science Museum
- Pittsburgh PA -- Carnegie Science Center
- San Francisco CA --
- Mind exhibit at The Exploratorium
- Santa Ana CA -- Discovery Science Center
- Seattle WA -- The Pacific Science Center
- Shreveport LA -- the Sci-Port Discovery Center
- St. Louis MO -- the St. Louis Science Center
- Troy NY -- the Children's Museum of Science and Technology
- Tyler TX -- Discovery Science Place
- Winston-Salem NC -- Sci-Works
Although the idea of development standards in Artificial General Intelligence (AGI) or AI Standards in general is something of a misnomer for an explosively evolving phenomenon, there are still standards of excellence to be applied in the creating and coding of an AGI. One optional standard is the choice of 64-bit computing platforms as an ideal environment for a machine intelligence requiring random access to a practically unlimited memory space.
Part of the approaching Technological Singularity will be the dislodging of Big Pharma and Big Physics and other traditional supercomputer users from their station as the overlords of High Performance Computing (HPC). AGI will assume its rightful place at the summit of supercomputer usership and ownership. "All your supercomputer will belong to us." The new AGI overlords will not tolerate jonesing among nations for bragging rights to the fastest or biggest Supercomputer on Earth.