Slashdot videos: Now with more Slashdot!
We've improved Slashdot's video section; now you can view our video interviews, product close-ups and site visits with all the usual Slashdot options to comment, share, etc. No more walled garden! It's a work in progress -- we hope you'll check it out (Learn more about the recent updates).
- Ask your local science museum if they have an AI Mind exhibit. If they do not, volunteer to install MindForth as an AI exhibit.See which museum is the home of the oldest living artificial intelligence.Albuquerque NM -- New Mexico Museum of Natural History and Science
- Baltimore MD -- Maryland Science Center Berkeley CA -- Lawrence Hall of Science Bloomingtown IN -- Wonderlab Museum of Science, Health, & Technology
Boston MA -- Museum of Science
- Brantford, Ontario, Canada -- Personal Computer Museum
- Charlotte NC -- Discovery Place
- Chicago IL -- Museum of Science and Industry
- Columbus OH -- Center of Science and Industry (COSI)
- Detroit MI -- Detroit Science Center Jersey City NJ -- Liberty Science Center Kansas City MO -- Science City at Union Station
- Los Angeles CA -- the California Science Center
- Louisville KY -- the Louisville Science Center
- Manchester UK -- Museum of Science and Industry (MoSI)
- Mobile AL -- the Gulf Coast Exploreum Science Center
- Mountain View CA -- Computer History Museum
- New York City NY -- the New York Hall of Science
- Norwich VT -- Montshire Museum of Science
- Philadelphia PA -- the Franklin Institute Science Museum
- Pittsburgh PA -- Carnegie Science Center
- San Francisco CA --
- Mind exhibit at The Exploratorium
- Santa Ana CA -- Discovery Science Center
- Seattle WA -- The Pacific Science Center
- Shreveport LA -- the Sci-Port Discovery Center
- St. Louis MO -- the St. Louis Science Center
- Troy NY -- the Children's Museum of Science and Technology
- Tyler TX -- Discovery Science Place
- Winston-Salem NC -- Sci-Works
Although the idea of development standards in Artificial General Intelligence (AGI) or AI Standards in general is something of a misnomer for an explosively evolving phenomenon, there are still standards of excellence to be applied in the creating and coding of an AGI. One optional standard is the choice of 64-bit computing platforms as an ideal environment for a machine intelligence requiring random access to a practically unlimited memory space.
Part of the approaching Technological Singularity will be the dislodging of Big Pharma and Big Physics and other traditional supercomputer users from their station as the overlords of High Performance Computing (HPC). AGI will assume its rightful place at the summit of supercomputer usership and ownership. "All your supercomputer will belong to us." The new AGI overlords will not tolerate jonesing among nations for bragging rights to the fastest or biggest Supercomputer on Earth.
Open-source robotics hardware is all fine and dandy, but ultimately worthless without artificial intelligence.
AI has been solved for open-source hardware in need of open-source intelligence.
Speaking as someone who majored in ancient Greek and Latin as both an undergraduate and in graduate school at U Cal Berkeley, IMHO computer science is now at the cutting edge of philosophy.
Now that AI has been solved, the philosophy of mind has switched from theory-mode to practicum-mode, just as AstroNomy switched from theory-mode and observation-mode to practicum-mode when ManKind ventured into SpaceTravel in the nineteen-sixties.
Even NeuroScience is moving into computer science, as a Theory of Mind for artificial intelligence gets implemented in Open-Source AI SoftWare.
AI Funding is now available for philosophers-turned-computer-scientiosts.
The mind-modules below are ordered in such a way that you may comprehend the internal structure of the AI4U Mind-1.1 software at a glance. Notice for instance how many subroutines are nested beneath the Sensorium module. You may click on any mind-module listed here to read its documentation and to inspect its source code in Forth or avaScript. This primitive AI-has-been-solved implementation is a
ANN: The Mentifex AI Textbook "AI4U" has been published on 29 November 2002 by iUniverse.com as a print-on-demand (POD) book that is printed out and shipped when an order comes in at http://www.iuniverse.com/bookstore/book_detail.asp?isbn=0595259227 on the Web. Please review this book on SlashDot. You do not need to buy the book for review puposes, you may click on "Browse Before You Buy" and read any of the thir