1) Go is a modern "better c from the people who didn't bring you c++"
2) Go is designed from scratch to make concurrent programming simpler, and believe me they achieved this.
3) Go is fast, portable, lightweight, simple.
4) Go is designed and worked on by the likes of Rob Pike & Ken Thompson.
5) Programming in Go "feels" like c, but with the simple expressiveness of a scripting language. It's both low level and high level, depending how you use it.
6) The standard library is really good, especially given that go 1.0 only came out in 2.12
7) The community is even better.