Submission Summary: 0 pending, 17 declined, 1 accepted (18 total, 5.56% accepted)
The motion suggested that Vancouver's city manager be asked to:
- Identify immediate opportunities to distribute more of its data.
- Index, publish and syndicate its data to the internet using prevailing open standards, interfaces and formats.
- Develop a plan to digitize and distribute archival data to the public.
- Ensure that data supplied to the city by third parties such as developers, contractors and consultants are unlicensed, in a prevailing open standard format, and not copyrighted except if otherwise prevented by legal considerations.
- License any software applications developed by the City of Vancouver such that they may be used by other municipalities, businesses and the public without restriction.