Singularity is near. Even for robots which will be self-improving. Perhaps earlier than humans.
I call this bullshit. The latest PISA results show that Germany is improving in the verbal (language) subtests.
I bet every undergraduate CS Department in the country will want him.
LOL, I submitted the same topic 11 minutes before you did and my own has disappeared. Wtf!
Hack: a new programming language for HHVM
Submitted by Kensai7 on Thursday March 20, 2014 @06:46PM
"It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."
Are more willing because it is a rarity to have a well-designed mobile page that has the same functionality as an app, even if today's standards allow it. I blame both developers and manufacturers of OSes (Apple, Google, etc) for that. In order to lure customers to their systems they privilege functionality that otherwise could be universal.
Web pages can have privileged (behind paywall) content as well.
I suppose 98% of the rest 2% can be done today in HTML5.
The question is... what can be done to stop and revert this horrible trend? Developers need to further promote current and future web browser standards so we can have all the fancy functionality of the apps in a web page. It doesn't always work, but it should be the long term goal.
"What matters is transparency. You can't prohibit people with bias from editing the truth in a "truth by democracy" project..."
I agree. I think the prohibition policy has gone a tad too far. Everyone in the end is biased, as he or she changes the topics he or she is interested in changing. I won't change topics I don't care or have an opinion. After all, I am not alone in these edits, that's what other users and editors are for in a community project.
I guess Obama cannot work on editing an article in Wikipedia cause so much is passing through his hands.
This came very close to my own experience. Sadly. I wish I could find a premium PC manufacturer who simply cared about delivering the computer without any sort of installed software, not even the OS (because even there there could be tweaking)...
Link to Original Source
Link to Original Source
Personally, games was the last domain that kept me from ditching Windows (as they have evolved), so SteamOS is a gift from heaven, especially in the direction it is going. Microsoft should be scared to do more. Enough is enough with their dominating position. It reminds me of European cellular phone manufacturers (Nokia, Ericsson) before Apple came to shake their realities with the iPhone.