Its the nature of government to try to scare you to death with imaginary boogey-men. Then a real live, fast acting one comes along and on cue they mess it up!!! I am sure they'll handle Ebola as well as they did AIDS!
- * A diesel engine is inherently more efficient than a gasoline engine at just about any size, but the govt. saw to it that taxes on diesel stayed much higher than for gasoline.
- * Modern diesel engines get anywhere from 10 - 20 mpg MORE than gasoline engines of the same size and horsepower
- * So for every 10 gallons of fuel a car holds that would mean an extra 200 miles more out of the tank
- * Modern direct injection diesel engines are now burning sulfur-free diesel so they are about as clean as gasoline. Therefore there is no longer a reason to overtax the fuel
- * So of course the govt. leaves 30-50 cents more tax on a better, more efficient fuel as we go into the future, ignorant, wasteful, and even more polluting
Don't expect them to fix it either. Solving a problem is not their business as far as they are concerned. If government actually solved problems there would eventually be no need for them, and that haunts their nightmares. Lets see, more than 200 miles more distance per every car out there: 200 miles * 1,000,000,000 cars worldwide ~~~ 200,000,000,000 more miles traveled per car on the same amount of fuel. Energy "crisis" solved.
- *By blocking us from becoming energy independent they think they're doing us a favor when all they're doing is making everything more expensive.
- *They think they did just that when they blocked the Keystone Pipeline - all they did was make it travel by rail instead.
- *This poor substitute makes it inherently more expensive and more environmentally dangerous, more prone to spills, derailments, and other accidents.
Lord save the earth from environmental quacks!