Sometimes a smart man learns to "need" less. If one goes off the deep end and spends that kind of money to build a rig the next consideration will be in very expensive software and the high- end device will probably spin your electric meter quite a bit as well. I can see going overboard if the PC is earning you money but simply to play games with it is really excessive. Computers are quickly becoming a commodity. That will benefit all of us. As far as the Linux or Windows argument goes I would choose Linux for 99% of what I need and forget the other 1%. Oddly Puppy Linux is a good choice for most people. It is secure compared to other OSs, is free, and is easy to use in most editions.