1. Make your way through a lengthy intro.
2. Wander around aimlessly.
3. At some point, stumble across the main quest.
4. Kill a dragon.
5. Have a chat with the Old Mountain Guys.
6. Wander around aimlessly, looking for dragons you can have pretty damn epic fights with while your over-the-top personal theme plays.
6a. DOVAHKIIN, DOVAHKIIN, NAAL OK ZIN LOS VAHRIIN
7. Realize that you just witnessed a dragon breaking a chunk off a cliff (because you hurt it enough that it flew straight into said cliff) while the sky is filled with a huge aurora and a choir of a hundred men is praising your martial prowess.
7a. DOVAHKIIN, DOVAHKIIN, NAAL OK ZIN LOS VAHRIIN
8. Run around Skyrim dicking around with random people until you run out of interest.
Steps 1 through 3 are tedious and step 5 takes forever but especially steps 6 and 7 make the game worth the time, in my opinion.
And if the dragons get old there's always the mod that replaces al of them with Macho Man Randy Savage.