VZW uses SIM cards for 4G connectivity. Take it out and your phone stays on 3G.
Being in Phoenix, the worst part of the mass transit system here (or lack thereof) is the fact that most buses run late and I'm not talking about 5-10 minutes. Most riders I know (and I know a lot) say the average bus is running 25-45 minutes behind schedule, some days it's longer, some days it's actually on time. In any case, when I have to be to work at 7 AM, I'm not going to risk my tardiness and my job on a faulty mass transit system that takes me two hours to get 26 miles (one way) when I can drive the same distance in 20-25 minutes and know I'll be on time (except for the occasional accident on the freeway of course).
Don't get me started on the budget issues that are causing them to further layoff drivers and closing numerous routes.....
Small problem: Chrome is the browser inside of Android. So each Android user also uses Chrome*. Then add the Chrome version that runs on Mac, Windows and Linux, you've got more Chrome users than Android users.
Therefore, it's a safe bet that there are more Chrome users than Android users.
*Except the small percentage that take the time (because they know you can get a different browser) to download and use a different mobile browser. However, 99% of the Android users I know use the default browser.
An article on Ars Technia stated that:
"The intrusion was reported to kernel.org users earlier this week by site administrator John Hawley. The attack is believed to have occurred on August 12 but wasn't detected until August 28. The attack vector isn't known for certain, but it is thought that the attacker somehow obtained a legitimate user's login credentials and then exploited an unknown privilege escalation vulnerability. The attack was discovered when an Xnest error message was found in the system logs on a server that did not have Xnest installed."
You'd think that jfruhlinger would have picked up on that given that it's in the first sentence in TFA.
Blockbuster, the former DVD rental powerhouse that went bankrupt and was purchased by Dish Network in April,....
The first 90% of a project takes 90% of the time, the last 10% takes the other 90% of the time.