Forgot your password?
typodupeerror

Comment: Re:fr!st (Score 1) 26

by Exiton (#39267043) Attached to: Magnetic Levitation Detects Proteins, Could Diagnose Disease

Damn your Furlongs, I want that in Football Fields?

Well, according to this, 1 football field is 0.4545445 furlongs, or 1 furlong is 2.2000044 football fields.

Happy? :-P

How am i supposed to remember such an arbitrary number, you shoud use standard units like the rest of the world.
1 furlong [international] = 2 football field [Canada]
:)

The Almighty Buck

Activision Hit With $500m Suit From Modern Warfare 2 Devs 77

Posted by Soulskill
from the pow-right-in-the-kisser dept.
Dragoniz3r writes "Activision has been served a lawsuit from 38 plaintiffs, including present and former Infinity Ward employees, demanding up to half a billion dollars. The plaintiffs are seeking compensation for 'unpaid bonuses, royalties, profit-sharing, and future profits from games such as Modern Warfare 3, and punitive damages.'"
Intel

The Big Technical Mistakes of History 244

Posted by kdawson
from the seemed-like-a-good-idea-at-the-time dept.
An anonymous reader tips a PC Authority review of some of the biggest technical goofs of all time. "As any computer programmer will tell you, some of the most confusing and complex issues can stem from the simplest of errors. This article looking back at history's big technical mistakes includes some interesting trivia, such as NASA's failure to convert measurements to metric, resulting in the Mars Climate Orbiter being torn apart by the Martian atmosphere. Then there is the infamous Intel Pentium floating point fiasco, which cost the company $450m in direct costs, a battering on the world's stock exchanges, and a huge black mark on its reputation. Also on the list is Iridium, the global satellite phone network that promised to make phones work anywhere on the planet, but required 77 satellites to be launched into space."
Earth

Endangered Species Condoms 61

Posted by samzenpus
from the make-it-growl dept.
The Center for Biological Diversity wants to help put a polar bear in your pants with their endangered species condom campaign. They hope that giving away 100,000 free Endangered Species Condoms across the country will highlight how unsustainable human population growth is driving species to extinction, and instill the sexual prowess of the coquí guajón rock frog, nature's most passionate lover, in the condom users. From the article: "To help people understand the impact of overpopulation on other species, and to give them a chance to take action in their own lives, the Center is distributing free packets of Endangered Species Condoms depicting six separate species: the polar bear, snail darter, spotted owl, American burying beetle, jaguar, and coquí guajón rock frog."

Comment: The PAX (Score 5, Funny) 374

by Exiton (#29370439) Attached to: Swine Flu Outbreak At PAX
The PAX was meant to calm the population and weed out aggression. The agent worked, but too well: 99.9% of the population became so lethargic that they stopped working, talking, and eventually eating and moving. They simply lay down and succumbed to death. The remaining 0.1% of the people had the opposite reaction to the Pax, becoming mindlessly violent and extremely aggressive. It was in the Air supply!!!

Make headway at work. Continue to let things deteriorate at home.

Working...